Simplex 100-500 kW Merlin
Simplex 100-500 kW Merlin Specifications
The Simplex Merlin is a dual voltage (240/480V - 100KW-400KW; 416/480V - 500KW), fully instrumented portable Load Bank intended for maintenance, testing and performance proving of engine generator sets, UPS and other power systems in the 100KW-500KW range.
- Fan Reversal, Load Voltage Selector, and Control Voltage Selector switches.
- 3-phase, direct drive fan, 6,000-8,000CFM (depending on load configuration).
- Horizontal airflow - cold air intake from front, hot air exhaust out the rear.
- Sensors, alarms (alarm message on remote operator interface terminal), lock-outs as appropriate, for the following: fan failure, high exhaust temperature, high intake temperature, high interior temperature (sensed at three points).
- Master load toggle switch and load step toggle switches.
- 3-pole magnetic contactors.
- Control Wiring: 105°C, color coded.
- Power Wiring: 150°C XLP color-coded.
- 100KW-400KW: 12' connection cable set including 3-phase power cables, ground cable and external control power cord, stowed behind hinged door in rear compartment.
- 500KW: cam-type connectors and external control power cord.
- Portability features: lifting eyes, forklift channels, casters and moving handle.