Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS)
Automatic Transfer Switches are critical components of an emergency standby system. Available in sizes ranging from 30A through 5000A, GPS has a solution to suit every project’s need.
GPS Automatic Transfer Switches
GPS provides reliable, sturdy, versatile and compact Automatic Transfer Switches that transfer essential loads and electrical distribution systems from one power source to another.
- Available in sizes ranging from 30A through 5000A
- Differentiated features that allow for ease of installation, integration, and operation.
- Suitable for a wide array of industrial and commercial environments, from critical power processes to emergency standby applications.
- We offer open transition, closed transition, and bypass isolation options.
Routine predictive and/or preventative maintenance will ensure the continued safe and reliable operation of your equipment. A robust preventative maintenance plan for an ATS includes checking all connections, inspection or testing for evidence of overheating and excessive contact erosion, removal of dust and dirt, and replacement of contacts when required. A preventive maintenance plan can identify potential problems before they arise and help prevent a critical power failure. If maintenance is neglected, an ATS can fail causing damage to the generator and downstream devices.
GPS Automatic Transfer Switch Brands
About Automatic Transfer Switches
An automatic transfer switch is a modern, high-speed switching device designed to transfer electrical loads from a preferred power source to an alternate power source when voltage and or frequency varies from preset limits, and to re-transfer loads when the preferred source is restored.
Automatic transfer switches are critical components of an emergency or standby system. They are reliable, rugged, versatile, and compact assemblies for transferring essential loads and electrical distribution systems from one power source to another.
Types of Automatic Transfer Switches
- Contactor ATS is in many industries the standard and fully functional automatic transfer switch. Generally small and inexpensive, these ATS are compact and cost effective, these automatic transfer switches are simple to operate and offer the most flexible applications during momentary losses of power.
- Breaker Based ATS offer robust options and features to meet the needs of your power requirements, with support for precise control and flexibility for applications that need continuous power during the transfer and routine test. If a user's prime power goes down, Breaker Based Automatic Transfer Switches can be transferred from the load circuits to the standby power source manually, and restore primary power once it has been restored.
- Bypass Isolation Switch is engineered for applications where maintenance, inspection and testing must be performed while supplying continuous power to the load. These types of automatic transfer switches are necessary for data centers, critical life support systems and standby power scenarios that demand safe and routine system maintenance but can't afford power disruptions.